As a stated policy of the DMC, we do not provide collecting location
information and directions to non-members
How it Works
SFMS clubs that carry liability insurance take turns hosting a field trip. The hosting interval is based on the number of clubs in the program. Currently the interval between hosting responsibilities is about 2 and a half years.
Benefits of being a DMC member club:
DMC Member Club Responsibilities:
- There is usually one DMC field trip per month, so DMC clubs have a lot of field trips to offer their members.
- The DMC program gives rockhounds the opportunity to visit sites to which their home club may not have access.
- Because a different club hosts each month, there are a variety of field trips.
- Since the DMC is part of the SFMS, trips are all over the southeast.
- Rockhounds get to meet rockhounds in other clubs.
- Host a DMC Field Trip
- After the trip, submit a brief report of the trip
- After the trip, renew DMC membership by selecting a month/year from a range provided by the DMC Coordinator
One of the things people join rock clubs for is the field trips. Clubs everywhere are painfully aware of how difficult it is to find new collecting sites, plus collecting sites they have are disappearing due to construction, new ownership, management changes, etc. Being a member of the DMC field trip sharing program helps clubs provide an important benefit to their members by having field trips available. Just think of it, in exchange for hosting one trip every couple of years, your club gets dozens of trips from other clubs!
If you have any questions, please send email to Lori Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
DMC Field Trip Sharing Program Member Clubs
- Aiken Gem and Mineral Society (Aiken, SC)
- Alabama Mineral & Lapidary Society (Birmingham, AL)
- Athens Rock and Gem Club (Athens, GA)
- Catawba Valley Gem and Mineral Club (Hickory, NC)
- Charlotte Gem and Mineral Society (Charlotte, NC)
- Cobb County Gem & Mineral Society (Marietta, GA)
- Columbia Gem & Mineral Society (Columbia, SC)
- Emerald City Rock and Gem Club (Greenwood, SC)
- Forsyth Gem & Mineral Club (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Gaston County Gem, Mineral & Faceting Club (Gastonia, NC)
- Gem and Mineral Society of Franklin, NC (Franklin, NC)
- Gem and Mineral Society of Lynchburg Virginia, Inc.
- Georgia Mineral Society (Norcross, GA)
- Henderson County Gem & Mineral Society (Hendersonville, NC)
- Huntsville Gem and Mineral Society (Huntsville, AL)
- Jacksonville Gem & Mineral Society (Jacksonville, FL)
- Knoxville Gem & Mineral Society (Knoxville, TN)
- Lowcountry Gem & Mineral Society (Charleston, SC)
- Memphis Archaeological & Geological Society (Memphis, TN)
- Middle Tennessee Rockhounds (Nashville, TN)
- Mid-Tennessee Gem & Mineral Society (Murfreesboro, TN)
- Mid-Georgia Gem and Mineral Society (Macon, GA)
- Mississippi Gem and Mineral Society (Jackson, MS)
- Mobile Rock & Gem Society, Inc. (Mobile, AL)
- Montgomery Gem & Mineral Society (Montgomery, AL)
- Northeast Georgia Mineral Society (Clarkesville, GA)
- North Mississippi Gem and Mineral Society (Tupelo, MS)
- Pendleton District Gem & Mineral Society (Seneca, SC)
- Rome Georgia Mineral Society (Rome, GA)
- Tampa Bay Mineral and Science Club (Tampa, FL)
- Tennessee Valley Rock and Mineral Club (Chattanooga, TN)
- Western South Carolina Gem & Mineral Society (Greenville, SC)
The DMC is a program of the Field Trip Committee of the Southeast Federation of Mineralogical Societies, Inc.
Email the DMC at email@example.com
Copyright © All rights reserved.
Copyright © All rights reserved.
The Southeast Federation of Mineralogical Societies, Inc.
Send DMC e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org