Founded to Serve
of Mineralogical Societies, Inc.
YOUTH SCHOLARSHIPS for 2015 SFMS WORKSHOP
The deadline for your chance to honor your club's Jr. Rockhound of the year has been extended to March 31st. All your club president needs to do is submit a nomination with a short note listing the reasons the nominee deserves recognition to Annette Gibney, Youth Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send you a certificate for you to present to your chosen Junior Rockhound at your next meeting.
Please take a minute to recognize a valuable member and the future of your club TODAY.
YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2015 SFMS WORKSHOP
The President of each SFMS club is encouraged to nominate a Junior Rockhound for a youth scholarship to the June 7 - 13th Workshop at William Holland School of Lapidary Arts.
* The President of the sponsoring adult club submits the junior's name with an explanation of the club's qualifications considered in recommending this youth.
* The youth submits a short essay explaining his or her interest in the hobby and reason for wanting to attend a workshop.
* Deadline for applying for the scholarship is March 31. 2015.
* Send recommendations to:
SFMS Youth Resources
When attending the SFMS workshop:
* Permission must be obtained from the workshop director and the class teacher. Usually, this is not a problem.
* Responsible adult must accompany the youth to the workshop.
FOLLOWING THE SFMS WORKSHOP:
**After attending the workshop of choice, the scholarship recipient is encouraged to write a Loadstar article about the experience.
DON'T LET YOUR JUNIOR ROCKHOUND MISS OUT
The Southeast Federation of Mineralogical Societies, Inc.
Send e-mail to: email@example.com