From SFMS Rockhound of the Year
Coordinator - Marty Hart
The AFMS Club Rockhound of the Year is
a program to honor the members in our clubs that have so unselfishly
sacrificed to benefit their club. Share what these members have done
and why you are proud to have them as members in your club by
submitting them as your Rockhound of the Year. The process is
simple, so don’t let these members continue to go unrecognized.
Each club may submit the name of
one individual or one couple in your club per calendar year.
Additionally, each club may also
submit the name of one junior member in your club per calendar year.
- Submissions can be made any time of the year
Each club determines their set of
criteria for selecting the “Rockhound of the Year” and/or
“Junior Rockhound of the Year”.
Submissions consist of
approximately 75 to 100 words of why the club would like to honor the
individual or couple members. In addition, include the name of the
club, who is making the submission, and a mailing address for receipt
of the certificates.
- Include the date that your submissions will be awarded to coordinate publishing in the AFMS and SFMS newsletters.
- Include picture(s) for the SFMS newsletter.
It is not a contest. All
submissions that meet the requirements will be honored.
Email your submissions to
ACROYgemizo.com. An acknowledgement of receipt will be sent
when it is read. If an acknowledgement is not received, assume your
message has not been received.
Proper submissions will be
forwarded to the SFMS Newsletter Editor, and the AFMS Rockhound of
the Year Chair, who will forward the submission to the AFMS
Certificates from the AFMS and
SFMS will be mailed to the address provided.
Be sure and honor them at you club
by including them in your newsletter, and presenting the
certificates. Clubs can do even more to make the event special.
If you would like to see submissions
from other clubs, check the AFMS and SFMS newsletters at:
Submission Check List
- Name of person or couple being honored.
- Submission year (important with end of year submissions)
- Name of club
- Submitted by
- Date when person or couple will be honored
- USPS Mailing Address for receipt of SFMS and AFMS certificates
- Approximately 75 to 100 words of why the club would like to honor the person or couple.
- Picture(s) for publishing
- Email submission to ACROYgemizo.com.